So, you are unable to stand the bitter taste of your celery juice or you want to try some new recipes. Although it is recommended to drink celery juice without mixing anything to get full advantages of celery juice, trying a new recipe won’t be a crime. Let’s learn how to make celery juice taste better.
Why my celery juice taste bitter?
There might be some reasons behind the bitter taste of your celery juice. One of them would be the poor selection of your celery stalk. Usually, the poorly grown-up celeries will provide you juice with a bitter taste. While choosing celery, make sure your celery is fresh, crisp and enough matured. Overly matured celery is not crisp and when you will juice it, the juice will be bitter.
Another reason that could cause the bitter taste of celery juice is the leaves of celery. If you put the celery leaves along with the celery stalks into the juicer or blender, it may cause a bitter taste.
So, what can be done? Choose your celery stalks carefully and wash them well before juicing. If you don’t know how to choose celery for juicing, you might want to read my article on how to choose, wash, and store celery
Things than can be tried to remove the bitter taste
- Use fresh celery stalks
- Use organic celery
- Don’t get overly matured celery
- Wash your celery stalks well
- Drink immediately after juicing
- Don’t put celery leaves in the juicer or blender
- Or you can try the recipe below
Celery, Ginger, Lemon and Honey Juice
- 2 stalk Celery Organic/Non-organic
- 1 inch knob ginger
- ½ Medium sized Lemon
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Pull off 2 celery stalks from the bunch and wash it well. If you are using a juicer you wouldn't need to peel the skin. but peeling the skin will be great if you are using a blender.
- Slice the celery stalks into smaller pieces of about ½ – 1 inches per piece.
- Peel the skin of lemon
- Put sliced celery stalks, ginger, Lemon and Honey into the chute and switch on the juicer or blender.
- Drink your juice ASAP. or if you are using a blender, filter the produce with a nut milk bag before drinking.